The Future of Mobile App Strategy Workshop
Apps dominate the mobile ecosystem. But what does it take to have an app that customers, staff or channel partners engage with? The days of the passive one-size-fits-all mobile app are numbered.
According to Forrester, 89% of companies have invested in a mobile strategy, but only 40% have defined a mobile road map for the next 12 months. This means the majority of companies do not have a clearly defined approach to how they will invest in mobile.
To remain competitive, companies need to create a mobile strategy based on industry best practices and customer use cases. A successful strategy includes personalisation and atomised apps delivering micro services based on contextual awareness. To do this, companies must understand the shift in mobile behaviours and move to the next step in the mobile maturity model.
Evolve your mobile strategy
Ensure your investment in mobile is strategic and aligned. Led by Australia’s leading mobile UX expert, Oliver Weidlich, this intensive workshop will gives you the opportunity and resources to develop a robust mobile plan with a process tried and tested with top ASX companies.
Expect to walk away with the 4 steps to evolve your mobile app roadmap. There will be plenty of time for you to ask questions and have your challenges answered in this highly interactive workshop.
Book these dates – 6 July in Sydney and 13 July in Melbourne
Here’s why – key benefits of attending Mobile App Strategy Workshop
“The Mobile Strategy workshop gave a practical evidence based approach for preparing our Mobile Strategy. Attending the Mobile Strategy workshop as an eBusiness management team gave us the confidence to write our mobile strategy, socialise it internally and secure funding for additional investment in the this exciting area of growth. I recommend the workshop to any team needing to write or update their Mobile Strategy or set direction for their organisation.” John Logan, eBusiness Mobile Manager, Direct Insurance, IAG
Attend this workshop developed specifically for people in marketing, product, IT, operations and sales across a wide variety of industries. Key outcomes you’ll receive:
- Understand mobile behaviours
- Plan the evolution of a mobile app/web site from ideation to sunset
- Identify the type and design of mobile services that meets your business objectives
- Brief your mobile service requirements clearly and precisely
- Confidently present the case for deploying mobile to senior management and stakeholders
8.15am – Registration and coffee for 8.30am start; 4.30pm Finish
Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments, workbook & reference guide provided.
Overview of the mobile market
- Changing mobile app landscape
- Trends in customer experience and mobile behaviour
- Overview of mobile maturity model
- Buzzword bingo
What makes a great mobile experience?
- Building in user experience
- The 4 types of mobile services: web, web apps, native and hybrid (native vs HTML5)
- Utilising features such as location, push messaging etc
- Key questions to define the role of mobile app in the business
- Building a framework to meet your user experience and business goals
- How to build for continuous experience & co-creating with customers
Evaluation and testing your concept
- Goal setting & analytics – build what you can measure
- Brainstorming – the app definition statement
- Sketching & steps in paper prototyping
EXPERT PANEL: Mobile app development: time, resources and costs
- Picking the right team – the pros/cons of in-house, agency & freelancers
- Stakeholder engagement & management – positioning for C-suite
- Integrate with business strategy and business goals
- Time and costs – what you should plan for
- Integration and measurement against KPIs
Mobile app development: the process
- Drawing up a timeline and process plan
- The creative brief; the development brief
- Testing, testing, testing – using both user and technical testing
- Types of prototypes
- Planning for approval and iterative improvement
CASE STUDY: Mobile project end to end
Sydney: 6 July
Melbourne: 13 July
About your workshop leader, Oliver Weidlich, Director of Design & Innovation at Mobile Experience
Oliver Weidlich has specialised in User Experience for the last 15 years and consulted to some of Australia’s largest companies and organisations to improve the internal and customer-facing digital services. He has advised on Mobile UX Strategy for key clients and has run this workshop in both Sydney and Melbourne.
He’s worked across a range of channels including; websites, mobile, kiosk, speech interfaces, and in-car systems.
Oliver’s background in organisational psychology also means he understands the role of people and the organisation in technology implementations.
He is an International Speaker, Judge, Author and Lecturer on User Experience and is also the Co-Chair of the Mobile Industry Group & Co-Host of Mobile Monday Sydney, the local chapter of an international monthly mobile industry networking event.
Oliver has assisted some of Australia’s largest corporates with UX including; Qantas, Commonwealth Bank, Optus, NRMA, Atlassian, AMP & Telstra. He’s also worked with start-ups aimed at China, In-car IoT, and wearable technology. You can read more about him here: au.linkedin.com/in/oliverw/