Digital Industry Salary Survey 2012 – a sneak peek
The inaugural digital salary survey was launched last week by AIMIA showing the incredible diversity in the digital services industry. Of the respondents, digital agencies were the biggest group (61%), followed by publishers and then creative agencies which naturally reflects AIMIA members.
Key facts from the report:
- The majority of the respondents reported annual revenues of less than $5 million (60% of respondents)
- A further 28% were in the $5m to $15m band
- Average company staff turnover is 18 percent in a year
- Average length of service is 3 years
- NSW is the highest paid state, with chief executives paid an average of $288,572 and executive creative directors paid $144,040.
- Senior project managers earn on average $106,348 but that figure varies according to state (with WA the highest), and the size of the company
Some of the newer job titles include:
- Test analyst, UX director and Experience Architect
- A number of digital agencies and publishers are also employing Data Analysts and Digital Strategists
The report looks at a variety of positions covering executive; client service; producer & content; technology, creative & user experience; data, analytics & strategy; social media & search; media; sales; marketing and business support, finance and HR. You can purchase the report directly from AIMIA here.